From education to entertainment, kids use their smartphones, tablets, and computers for different applications. While it is beneficial in more ways than one, it can also be a threat. Young users are vulnerable when they are online. They can be a target of cyberbullying and sexual predators. This is when parental control software becomes important. Read this Spyera review 2021 and we’ll take a look at one of the top options worth considering.
In a nutshell, Spyera promises a completely undetectable smartphone. It tracks location, monitors web history, and records videos, among other things. This Spyera review explores more of its features to help you decide if it is a good option for the best parental control app or if you should explore other alternatives.
Installing Spyera is quick and effortless. You need physical access to the device you intend to monitor. It does not support remote installation. The good thing is that you can install the app within five minutes. The first thing to do is to visit the webpage and download Spyera. After purchasing, your account will present a detailed guide to complete the installation, complete with screenshots. You will also receive a welcome email, and it will detail your log-in credentials.
After setting up the app, it can now start capturing data remotely. All data gathered will be uploaded to a secure server, which you can then access through a user-friendly interface. You will need physical access to the device to complete its installation, and after such, monitoring is done remotely.
To have a better understanding of your child’s behavior and know when intervention is necessary, Spyera records different activities, including the following:
- Live Call Recording: The app automatically records incoming and outgoing calls, so you will know what kids are talking about. You can also choose to record calls only from specific contacts. These recordings will be uploaded to your web account and you can listen from there. It is tamper-proof and undetectable. It applies to different apps, including Facebook, Hangouts, Skype, Line, WhatsApp, and Viber, among others.
- Video Recording: You can also open the camera remotely and it takes a video instantly without the other person knowing. You will have an idea of your child’s location and what they are doing when you see videos of the actual surroundings.
- Multimedia Files: Spyera also allows you to spy the contents of your child’s phone, including pictures, videos, and audio files. This will help you understand their behavior better. It also allows you to intervene when needed, especially when you see that they have age-inappropriate files.
- Search Engines: You can also use Spyerra to see search engine history. You will know the keywords kids are searching for. If it involves themes you believe are age-inappropriate, you can talk to them.
- Direct Messages: From SMS to third-party messaging services, such as Viber, WhatsApp, Tinder, and Telegram, Spyera features a convenient direct message recording. You will be in the loop of what your kid is talking about to other people.
Like many other parental control apps, one of the best Spyera features is its ability to track location. There’s no need to be left guessing where your child is. There are two ways by which the app does this. The first is through a continuous method. This means that location is recorded as the person being monitored moves. You can set a timer to determine the frequency of location logs. The second is on-demand location tracking. This will allow you to track location only when you need to.
On your web account, there is a feature wherein you can set to and from dates. After this, you can see the movements of the device. It is also possible to view such in an animated format. Meanwhile, if you want to determine the current location, go to GPS tools in the menu and click Get Current Location.
Aside from location tracking, we also love how there is a geofencing feature. You can set a location limit from 50 meters to ten kilometers. When your child is outside the specified location, you will receive an alert. This makes it easier to make sure that kids do not go to places they are not allowed.
Aside from those mentioned above, here are other features that you can expect when using Spyera:
- SIM Change Notification: When the device being monitored encounters a new SIM card, you will be instantly alerted.
- Keylogger: This will let you know what your child is typing even without being nearby. It informs you about the keystrokes made.
- Device Battery Status: With this feature, you can instantly see the battery level of the device you are monitoring.
- Remote Updates: You can make sure that the app is updated in its latest version remotely.
Spyera Pros and Cons
Need more compelling reasons to choose Spyera? Below are some of its notable benefits:
- Wide compatibility
- Easy installation
- Comes with a user-friendly interface
- Cannot be detected by the person being monitored
For an unbiased assessment of Spyera, let’s also look at the potential drawbacks:
- Needs rooting and jailbreaking in some devices
- A bit expensive
- Does not include a time management feature
One more thing that we love about this parental control app is its extensive compatibility. It is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Android, supports all versions but some require rooting
- iOS, compatible with up to 14.X but jailbreaking is required in some models
- Windows 7, 8.X, 10
- MacOS Sierra, High Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mojave, Catalina
Spyera’s price depends on the specific device where the app is installed. You can also choose from monthly and yearly subscriptions.
- Smartphone: $89 per month, $389 per year
- Tablet: $69 per month, $279 per year
- Computer: $49 per month, $199 per year
- All-in-One: $479 per year
All plans come with a 10-day money-back guarantee. Within such period, if you are unhappy with the service, let them know and they will issue an unconditional refund.
In sum, this Spyera review noted that it is an excellent option if you are looking for the best parental control software. It has decent features, although not as extensive as those you will find in its higher-end competitors. It will allow you to record phone calls, track GPS location in real-time, and spy on messages from third-party applications. It also has a wide range of compatibility with different devices. Nonetheless, a lot of people may be hesitant because it is expensive. More so, it is significantly lacking features for blocking and filtering content, as well as for time management.
A concerned 46 year old father of 3, ages 16, 12 & 9, Computer scientist
“As part of my parenting quest to keep my children safe in the online world, I've researched and tested many parental control apps.
I take great pride in contributing to other parents quests by sharing my reviews on Parental Control Now”