Research made by Qustodio, on of the leading parental control apps, found that kids spend over 80 min every day on TikTok. This solidifies its stature among the most popular social apps with kids and one of the breakthrough apps of 2021. In this article we will help parents put parental controls on Tik Tok so be tuned and make sure you follow the instructions. While Tik Tok has been around for quite some time after its introduction in China in 2016, it was only recently that it has gained a massive audience, especially in the United States.
TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking platform. Users can create and share short videos with music and filters. It is similar to an app known as. Musical.ly. This is no longer surprising since the company that owns TikTok purchased Musica.ly in 2017.
NOTE: GRAB ADDITIONAL 10% DISCOUNT FOR ALL THE QUSTODIO PREMIUM PLANS. USE COUPON CODE: PARENTAL10
Bark parental control allows you to track over 24 social networks including Facebook of course and is very affordable at $14 a month. To start your free trial click here.
MSPY parental control lets parents block access to websites, content, images, and videos. Also great for monitoring social networks. For EXTRA 20% off use COUPON CODE PARENTALCONTROL.
Sure, TikTok is fun but with any place that kids may spend too much time watching and reacting to other people, it is also a cause of concern for parents. No wonder, Tik Tok parental controls have surged in popularity in recent years. Just like on any other social network, parents must make sure they have the highest privacy restrictions set up. Just as if your child would go and hang out for hours with kids you do not know we have no doubt you would make sure it is safe for them, it is exactly the same with social networks and parental controls can provide some peace of mind to parents when it comes to how their kids are using TikTok. If you are curious about how it works, as well as some of the third-party apps that you can use, keep on reading, and learn from the insights we’ll share.
So, What Kind of Parental Controls Can You Place on TikTok?
You will have several options when it comes to TikTok parental controls built-in on the app. The creators realize that many of their users will be kids, and hence, they have developed safeguards in place to minimize worry among parents.
TikTok has a feature called Digital Wellbeing. Here, you will find the built-in iOS and Android parental controls for Tik Tok, including those that ate briefly mentioned below.
- Family Pairing: This is one of the best parental control features you will find in TikTok. It will allow parents to control their kid’s account. Here, you can disable direct messages and set screen time limits, among other things.
- Restricted Mode: It is a way to restrict access to mature content while using the app. Nonetheless, it is still possible that kids can access age-inappropriate content even with this.
- Screen Time Management: Kids can spend a lot of their time on TikTok, ignoring time to study or be with their family. With this parental control feature, you can limit the time they are using TikTok.
How Do You Place These Parental Controls on TikTok?
Clueless about how to use parental controls for Tik Tok? Below is a step-by-step guide on how you can do so.
To enable Family Pairing, here’s what you should do:
- Make sure that you have access to your phone and the phone of your kid. Open TikTok.
- Go to Profile and Settings. This is where you can see three dots.
- Look for Digital Wellbeing.
- Click Family Pairing. You will then be asked to choose whether the phone belongs to the parent or the person being monitored. Choose which one applies.
- Next, you will need to scan a QR code from one phone. This will complete the pairing procedure.
- Once you are done, you can now access your kid’s TikTok account.
Next, you should also enable Restricted Mode if you want to limit access to possibly age-inappropriate materials.
- Go to the profile page of the user.
- Click on the three dots and choose Privacy and Settings.
- Select Digital Wellbeing, then choose Restricted Mode.
- You will be asked to confirm a password. This will prevent your child from by-passing the system.
To enable screen time management, the process is almost the same as above.
- Go to the profile page.
- Click the three dots and choose privacy and Settings.
- Scroll down to Digital Wellbeing and select Screen Time Management.
- Turn it on and you will be setting a 60-minute time limit.
- Set a password.
Can Parental Control Apps Help Monitor TikTok?
If you are looking for TikTok parental control aside from those that are built-in on the app, below are some of the third-party options worth considering.
One of the top choices for the best parental control app for Xbox One and other devices, Bark can be useful beyond TikTok. The company claims that they have already protected more than 5.2 million children all over the world. It has powerful features like social media monitoring, screen time management, and web filtering. It also creates automatic alerts to better monitor your kid’s online behavior. You can connect Bark to more than 30 platforms, and that includes TikTok.
Or read our Bark Review
From blocking pornography to managing screen time, Qustodio is another powerful third-party software that you can use for TikTok and similar applications. It takes only five minutes to get started. Aside from the seamless installation, it is also a good thing that it comes with a free version. Although, if you want to unlock the full functionality of the app, we recommend that you switch to one of their paid subscriptions.
USE COUPON CODE FOR EXTRA 10% OFF: PARENTAL10
Or read our Qustodio Review
To monitor your child’s activities remotely, Mspy is another app that you can use. It is not as full-featured as the two apps mentioned below, but it is equally effective if you want to have peace of mind. This will allow you to see your kid’s social media activities. You can also view media files in the device, including saved photos and videos, which your kids might be sharing on TikTok.
For EXTRA 20% off use COUPON CODE PARENTALCONTROL
Or read our Mspy Review
Why Should You Consider Placing Parental Controls on TikTok?
Need compelling reasons to use Android and iOs parental controls for Tik Tok? Below are some things that you might find convincing:
- Limit Screen Time: Anyone who has used TikTok will agree that this is an addicting app. You need parental control to make sure that kids do not spend more time than what they are allowed to in the platform.
- Prevent Challenges: TikTok is known for making kids do viral challenges. With the right parental control app, you can ban them from using TikTok so that they won’t do these challenges.
- Stay Away from Strangers: Your child’s TikTok account can be accessible even to strangers. With TikTok parental controls, you can set a limit on who your child will be interacting with.
With TikTok parental controls, you will have peace of mind. Whether through the built-in features or third-party apps, using parental controls can make TikTok a safer platform! Act now to make sure that your kids will be safe and sound while they enjoy using a fun app!